The method of education adopted by West Chiltington is based on utilising a child’s natural desire to learn using their senses. The Montessori Method enhances self-motivation and promotes the unique ability of children to develop their own interests and talents. The school aims to stimulate a fascination with learning.
West Chiltington Montessori provides:
- A carefully planned and structured environment in which children can grow and learn in a natural way, creating the best possible opportunity for children to reach their maximum potential.
- A fully qualified staff of teachers who show children how best to use equipment and materials. Teachers observe the children’s work and introduce new challenges when each child is ready.
- An atmosphere dedicated to the individual growth and development of each child. Teachers, at all times, are sensitive to a child’s character and personal needs, and each child is respected as an individual.
- An environment that nurtures a high degree of confidence, self-discipline and good concentration. Maria Montessori spoke of a child’s mind as an “absorbent mind” and West Chiltington Montessori fosters a ‘prepared environment’ that is functionally arranged for children, enabling them to work, move and develop freely. Everything in this environment is in proportion to the children’s size, which assists the mind’s ability to assimilate effortlessly and unconsciously from the surrounding world.
- Teaching materials that are well made, attractive, interesting and always well maintained. Everything in the classroom has a purpose and everything is accessible to the children.
Spring Term 2019
Starts: Friday 4th January
Half Term: Monday 18th February to Friday 22nd February
Easter Break: Monday 8th April to Monday 22 April
Ends: Friday 5th April
Summer Term 2019
Starts: Tuesday 23rd April
Half Term: Monday 27th May to Friday 31st May
Ends: Tuesday 23rd July
Summer break: Wednesday 24th July to Friday 30th August
Autumn Term 2019
Starts: Monday 2nd September
Half Term: Monday 28th October to Friday 1st November
Ends: Friday 20th December
Where we are